Here are some ways to help Arbor Creek PTO
How can you get involved to help? Here are a few ways:
- Join the Executive Board. We currently have openings, the Vice President and Member-at-Large positions. Here are their positions duties:
- Vice President Duties
- Acts as an aide to the President;
- Perform the duties of the president if the President is unavailable
- Oversees the designated committees as determined by the Executive Board.
- The member-at-large shall: represents the interests of the general membership, conducts projects and accepts duties as assigned by the President and Executive Board
- Participates as a member of the PTO, attending monthly meetings and special meetings
- Represents the general membership (parents/staff or student organization) on issues of interest or concern, particularly those that arise outside of the standing committee structure
- Conducts projects to further the goals of the organization or to develop services for the membership (parents/staff or students)
- Serves as chair of any ad hoc committee formed to develop these projects
- Oversees the designated committees as determined by the Executive Board
- Vice President Duties
- Lead a committee. We are currently creating our Sign-Up-Genius for the committee heads. On the Sign-Up-Genius you will see the committees and committee descriptions.
- Volunteer with the board, on committees or at events. On the same Sign-Up-Genius as above, there will be a volunteer committee as well.
Box Tops Program
This year, our school will be participating in the Box Tops for Education™ program again. Clipping Box Tops is an easy way for you to help our school buy what it needs. Box Tops are each worth 10¢ and they quickly add up to real cash for our school. Last year we raised $661.50 and we’re excited to earn a lot more for our school this year. In the past we have earned as much as $2000. Look for pink Box Tops on hundreds of products, CLIP them, and either attach them to a Box Top collection sheet that will come home with your child OR and send them to school in a bag. Attached you will find a sheet listing many of the items with Box Top Labels. To be entered into the monthly drawing there needs to be a minimum of 10 in a bag or on the collection sheet. The grade level that brings in the most Box Tops by the end of the year receives a Popsicle Party!
On the back you will find two collection forms. 10 Box Tops, totaling $1.00, fit on each 1/2 page. Tape and glue are the best ways to make sure they don’t fall off. However, you can also send the Box Tops in a ziplock bag to school. Be sure to label it with your child’s name and grade level for the drawings and grade level contest.
One last thing…be sure to take out the expired Box Tops because they won’t count toward our earnings. Thanks for your help! Questions? Contact Jenny Nelson, Box Tops Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org We will be sending the Box Top Collection Sheet home next Friday as well as a hard copy.
We can earn up to $1,500 each school year. HOW? Collect receipts from the two local Olathe Hyvee stores, including Starbucks and Market Grill, then send them in to school! We are still seeking a committee chair for this great fundraising opportunity this school year. Please reach out to anyone on the board to inquire more information.